Saturday 22 November 2014

The Boy Who Lived

It has been seven years since the final Harry Potter book was released and there were seven books released. Seven is widely believed to be a magical number. In honour of this belief, I return to this blog as tribute to one of my favourite series ever.

I recently decided to have a marathon of the 8 Harry Potter films, because I never gave the films much of a chance before that. I thought them terribly inferior to the books, which are filled with the glory of fantastic detail and coloured brilliantly with imagination.

In fairness, the films are inferior to the books BUT they have their own charms. Let's look at what I liked about the films.

In general

Alan Rickman- he is such an interesting actor, that even when I am rereading the books in my mind now he is permanently Professor Snape.
Snape no jutsu
Snaaaaaaaape!
I don't think you're ready for this jelly
I don't think you're ready for this intellectual jelly
Stop, in the name of love!
Florist Snape

Unamused Snape

 

 
 
Amused Snape




 
 












 


Chamber of Secrets

Tom Riddle was cast just about right.

Prisoner of Azkaban

Timothy Spall made a very good Peter Pettigrew.

Goblet of Fire

David Tenant as Barty Crouch Jr.

Order of the Phoenix

The letter from the ministry was an eye catching effect.

Half Blood Prince

Sectumsempra is the most badass Harry Potter spell still. The quick pooling of blood in the film may have been more violent than my imagination. Well done film version!

Deathly Hallows Part 1

Get in, Bill Nighy!

Deathly Hallows Part 2

Badass Maggy Smith




On that note as usual I leave you to my guest: Norman Osborn.







My thanks Geordie Green Lantern. Today I approve of Harry Potter and in particular Mr. Alan Rickman as Professor Severus Snape.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment