Wednesday 23 February 2011

Games I love which can be irritating: Part 3: Super Smash Brothers Melee and Legend of Zelda, Ocarina of Time

Super Smash Brothers Melee


This is probably my favourite game aside from Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, but it can be terribly annoying. Admittedly it only really gets difficult when you try to complete the game 100 percent by getting all the trophies. The game has a very adaptable learning curve in that you can be crap and finish the game but you could be a master and still have a good challenge. The most frustrating aspect is the randomness of the game with item distribution but also how cheap and dirty the opponents can be, especially when they team up against you.




Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

As far as I'm concerned this is the greatest Zelda game of them all. It has excellent music, good graphics for the time, a good plot, interesting characters, great cutscenes, nice challenges and a sufficient amount of minigames and extra bits. It is not without flaws which any game no matter how good it is has. I hate water levels in games, OOT has a big and puzzling level like that. I hate the shadow temple even more since you can frequently die. It annoyed me how I could never get all the heart pieces (not that I needed them but still). Also I could never find the last 5 gold skulltullas.

This is what you get when you survive through the shadow temple...
Now it's that time of the blog where I pass you over to my guest Norman Osborn.

Thank you Geordie Green Lantern. Today I approve of The Hammer in Smash Brothers Melee and Biggeron's Sword.




















No comments:

Post a Comment