Thursday 3 March 2011

Scott Pilgrim

CONTAINS SPOILERS, DO NOT READ UNTIL YOU HAVE READ SCOTT PILGRIM



I love this comic series even though I have only had the pleasure to read it once. I can't remember much in terms of describing beyond the basic plot and some of the main characters. I don't usually like things with a love story as core to the plot but it really worked with Scott Pilgrim. The idea of Scott having to fight Ramona's seven evil exes seemed unique to me although now that I think about it it does have a certain Ranma half air about it.



The fact that one of Ramona's exes was female intrigued and appealed to me, not in that way though! It added a certain feminist aesthetic and ideal to what is already a brilliant comic. Overall I love it because of what I have said above but also because it is funny, good looking (particularly the manga esque art), smart, contains various pop culture references including geeky aspects, it has adorable characters and a great juxtaposition of more unreal/fantasy elements with things we all feel in reality and realism with the way the characters live their daily lives.

Possibly the most awesome image from Scott Pilgrim, but there's a lot of awesomeness in this series.




Now over to Norman Osborn for his say.



Thank you Geordie Green Lantern. Today I approve of 1ups and the power of love!


No comments:

Post a Comment