Friday 7 May 2010

Captain batman eternal fable reborn

Well apologies to those who read my blog for my delay since the last one, I have had my shitty dissertation to write and I've just finished the Satan essay! One more essay to go then I'm finished uni, which is becoming a rather scary thought.

Where do I start? Batman is probably a good place. I have been finding some splendid gems from the City library and other local libraries. Batman: Ego by Darwyn Cooke is the first of these gems I'm going to talk about today. It had a very noir feel to it but at the same time it felt like the old Batman cartoons so I really enjoyed that.


Next we have Batman: Arkham asylum by Grant Morrison and Dave Mc.Kean. I loved this one and it was as great as people said it was. The lightning guy was pretty cool, Joker was quite amusing and I enjoyed the appearance of Two Face, but Two face is probably my favourite Batman villain aside from the Joker.


Frank Miller's Daredevil Reborn was very enjoyable, I really felt sorry for Daredevil throughout and developed a strong hatred for the Kingpin. I just just disliked him before this, the ending was satifactory.


Jeff Loeb's The death of Captain America was a very good read, I'm trying to read as much as I can of the Marvel universe.



Gaiman and John Romita Jr's Eternals was very good. I loved how Gaiman was able to add his own things to Kirby's space Gods. Here's an image from the graphic novel:







A light using Goddess against a hoarde of demons? Always will attract my attention.


Finally I read Fables volume 7: Arabian Nights. It was absolutely brilliant but expected, Bill Willingham has a masterpiece creation on his hands! This volume deals with the Arabian Fables, Aladdin, Ali Baba, Djin etc.


Now I pass you on to out regular guest and his regular approvals.



Thank you Geordie Green Lantern. Today I approve of: Urahara using kido (shinigami magic).






No comments:

Post a Comment